Community standards and participation guidelines
Guidelines which we expect all participants on Business Aviation Network (BAN) to abide by. This document covers all aspects of community interaction and moderation on the BAN website, including comments on blogs, discussions and communication streams.
The BAN website provides an opportunity for our members and readers to discuss content we publish, or debate issues more generally related to Business Aviation. Our aim is to ensure that this platform is inclusive and safe, and that the BAN website is the online place where you will always find lively, entertaining and intelligent discussions.
There are a few simple guidelines which we expect all participants in the community areas of the BAN website to abide by. These apply across the site, while moderation decisions are also based on the context in which comments are made.
- We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated. The key to maintaining the BAN website as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent discussion of topics related to business aviation.
- We acknowledge criticism of the articles we publish, but will not allow misrepresentation of BAN and our contributors to be published on our website. For the sake of hearty debate, we will distinguish between constructive, focused argument and slander, libel smear tactics.
- We understand that people often have strong feelings about issues debated on the site, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider the impact of your comments on others when making your contribution.
- We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into flame-wars based on deep-rooted partisanship or generalizations. We don't want to stand in the way of people discussing topics they are passionate about, but we ask members to find ways of communicating their views that do not come across as divisive, threatening, intimidating or toxic to others.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognize the difference between criticizing a particular government, organization, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove any content that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. Our aim is that this site should provide a space for people to interact with our content and each other, and we actively discourage commercial entities passing themselves off as individuals, in order to post advertising material or links. This may also apply to people or organizations who frequently post propaganda or external links without adding substantively to the quality of the discussion on the BAN website.
- Keep it relevant. We know that business aviation conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic ("off-topic") then it may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track.
- Be clear about what you are saying. People may understand your contribution differently than you intended. Remember that text isn't always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humor… etc.) sometimes does not come across well on screen.
- The platform is ours, but the conversation belongs to all of us. We want this to be a welcoming, hospitable environment for lively, intelligent discussions. We expect and encourage our participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic in community, please report it. When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, the debate is improved and we all benefits.
- Act with maturity and respect for other members and you should have no problems.
- Don't be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humor we know you possess.
- Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you're participating. Help make BAN an intelligent place for discussion and the exchange of ideas.
WE welcome your input:
We are very open to any suggestions or recommendations regarding how we can improve our community. Please let us know what we are doing wrong and what we could be doing better. Contact email@example.com
DISCUSSION/COMMENTS POSTING GUIDELINES:
- Posts MUST be by real people with real names – Company name, Initials or pretend names will be removed from the group.
- This is a "spam-free" group, designed for interesting and valuable discussion among piers. Any form of marketing, advertising, or promotion (including self-promotion), is not allowed. Links to Blogs are allowed, but only provided the following rules listed below:
- There is a “Promotions” and “Jobs” category for your benefit which we encourage you to use for such items that relate to, and service, the goal of our group. Promoters outside the “Scope” of Business Aviation face moderation or banning.
- “Promotions” in the Discussions area will get you on the “moderation” list, continually posting “promotional” material will get you banned.
- Simply rebroadcasting content which appears elsewhere without contributing your own insight, analysis or position will result in the post being removed and potentially subject you to moderation and/or banning. *NOTE:* Check this out, interesting article, read this, etc.. etc. won't cut it.
- Discussions must be relevant to the topic of Business and Aviation!
- Discussion Posts
A. Topic/Subject Line of Post
NO email, web link, or contact information in the TITLE/ SUBJECT of the post. The title must be brief and relevant to business aviation, or at a level of interest to the Membership of the Group in the form of a thought-provoking question, any statement or concluded position must be substantiated within the body.
B. Body of the Post
Offer the poster's own point of view on the question or subject. Include an abstract of any related Blog post in support of the Subject-Line Question. Members have limited time and interest to follow links to Blogs to find out what the subject matter is about.
Ideally the Body of the Post should include Sub-Questions to stimulate discussion and response.
D. Placement of Blog Back-Link
The Link to the Blog must be placed INSIDE the Content box -- NOT added in the subject line. It will still be a hot-link, thus any linking aspects remain intact without diverting the attention away from the subject matter and audience. Moving the conversation away from the group defeats the purpose of networking as well as limits your exposure.
E. Third-Party Links:
You may also Post in reference to third-party "source/resource material" such as news stories, magazine/journal articles, and third-party blogs in the same way as above, with Questions posed, and links placed inside the body of the post.
7. Multiple posts:
Posting multiple times with different titles which contain the same message is equally unacceptable.
8. The following kind of post is not permitted in any tab:
* join my group;
* expanding my network;
* MLM or other schemes;
* “vote for me”;
9.Removal of Posts:
Posts which do not meet the above guidelines, offending posters or Personal insults will be removed at our discretion, without notice.
Generic "be your own boss", "live your dream", "ride the wave", or other such gibberish; is unacceptable! Legitimate contact information must be included in the post: Name, address, phone number and URL of the company advertising.
Ads for services must not hide that they are ads, must clearly state the product or service being advertised and must not be titled with a leading question.
Only actual jobs that pay a salary or contract ($per day or per hour) are to be posted in the job board. Last but not least have fun and enjoy.
Are you interested in contributing to Business Aviation Network? Please visit the following link for detailed information regarding our guest blogging program.
Thank you for your Collaboration
Bright Ibeawuchi – CEO/Executive director
Business Aviation Network
There are no comments posted here yet